Robert Sanga

Robert Sanga

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A talk on Transport & Logistics

By Robert Sanga

- A very warm greetings to each one of you :) Thank you very much for giving me a chance to have a talk on transport and logistics. My name is Robert Sanga / Sui Than Sanga and I belong to Chin nationality of Burma which is also known as Myanmar. I had left the country due to the oppression of the dictatorial regime.

After passing All India Senior School Certificate Examination from Oxford Senior Secondary School, I had studied bachelor of Political Science from Dyal Singh College, Delhi University and a master in the same subject from Indira Gandhi National Open University before I finally resettled to Kristiansund, Norway on March 27, 2008. I am thankful to the integration program of the government which enables me to take a full Norwegian language class for two year. I had passed Norwegian Language Test A1, A2, A3 and also completed studying Norwegian Advance Level (Bergenstest) which further qualified me to study the academic program of my choice.

- I am studying transport & logistics at the moment and hopeful to have a great future career after completion of my study. I have a very wonderful plan of helping other with the best of my abilities. I understand that I cannot do much without having a good education qualification. I had decided to study transport and logistics because the study program provides a lot of job opportunities in transporting the needful things for other people.

Logistics plays a very crucial role in connecting different people around the world. I am sure that a career in logistics has a very important responsibility in transporting many products across the globe. It requires a good communication skill which I am trying to obtain at the moment. I am positive and confident of my success in planning a great future career ahead so that I may able to help other.

- The main study program of transport & logistics consists of studying in detail about terminal, warehousing, driving, the good way of transporting passengers and products including dangerous goods by using different transport systems. It’s about transporting things through the sea, air and the road. Communication is also a very important part of the study. English, Norwegian and society administration are additional subjects to the major program of study.

This field of study is very interesting as transport has to deal with a lot of people. No transport could be accomplishes by just one man as it has to do with the transporter, the importer and exporter. Logistics is actually the transport of not only good but also information. This combination makes things accessible from every corner of the world.

The large networking system of the “Posten Norge” is a great example of the functioning of transport and logistics. My study program includes studying the major logistical system. It is design to have a better understanding of a big network of transport which brings almost everything closer from one place to another.

- My program of study in “Transport & Logistics” will gives me a qualification requires to work in any transport branches. I will able to work in a terminal, store, freight forwarding company, airport, seaport, train and bus station etc. It can also give me a chance to work as a driver. I can be a bus and truck driver if I wish to take further study in that direction.

I know that there are many people who persuade higher study after completion of study in transport and logistics. My present study programs will certainly pave a way for further study in the field of Supply Chain Management, Petroleum Logistics, Shipping Logistics or Logistics Engineer in the future. There is a possibility of qualifying for a highly skills job in the ministry of transport as well.

- As a transporter, student can become a resourceful person in helping other. It is a well paid job with some social status attached to it. However, studying transports and logistics can be a bit stressful. It is stressful to have a plan of connecting transport system in bringing products from door to door or one corner to the other corner of the world. It’s not so easy to do everything in accordance with the plans. Unexpected things can happen, for which things can turn out of control at any point of time.

Once again, let me say thank you very much as it’s so good to be with you. I hope you all have a better understanding of my study program which will be shaping my future career. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have which relates to my major field of study at this point of time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment